God has been so faithful to you and me, how time flies? It is Day 36 of the 40 Days of return to the Lord. It is so wonderful that it is the king Himself that sends out invitations to every people, every language, every tribe, and every nation to return to Him. The call for revival is to you, your family, and your nation. If you have made up your mind to return to the Lord do it now with all your heart.
Return to the Lord with all your Heart
I see the heart of a man like the steering wheel of a car, that can either be driven by you, the Holy Spirit, or the devil. The driver of the car decides where the car will eventually go. Who is driving your life? You can know this by whatever it is that is influencing the decisions and choices you make daily. There is a constant battle over who takes the driver’s seat of your heart. The instruction today is to return to the Lord with all your heart. It is possible to aim to return with a part of your heart but that again is not the requirement for the expected revival. The end-time revival requires all your heart, He is about to pour out His Spirit upon you for a greater dimension of His work on the surface of the earth.
God is looking at every heart to see who turns to Him, Return to God and He will return to you. You determine how much of God you have. If you turn to God half-hearted then what you have is incomplete knowledge of Him.
Get Rid of Excuses as you Return to the Lord
There are genuine excuses in this life that is tenable before men but not before God. It is amazing that you keep other appointments but neglect your appointment with the King of glory. Your schedule is all fixed with no space for Him. Sometimes it is genuine family matters that occupy your heart so much that you begin to make excuses, such excuses include; life is crazy, work is hectic, business is busy and the list is on. There will never be a convenient time to return to the Lord, everything in this world is seeking your attention. Direct your heart to seek the King of Glory. Pay attention to what will matter most in the end. Excuses don’t exist in eternity. You are inexcusable.
How Do I Direct my Heart to the Lord?
- Put away the foreign gods in your life, these gods may be traditions and cultures of men that do not have its root in the Lord. Whatever is it you bow to is a god to you. Some bow to power, money, the majority, and so on, identify the god that you need to take away before it takes you out.
- Turn to Him in the humility of heart, confess your shortcomings and ask for His help, and tell Him all that is in your heart.
- Give yourself to fasting and prayers to help you configure your heart aright and hear God for instructions for your life, away from distractions whatsoever.
- Dig deeper into the word of God for your life and share it with others too.
- Serve the purpose of God for your life, give your time, money, prayer, giftings, and talents to serve the Lord.
Finally, scriptures say in 1 Samuel 7:10 that as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to attack Israel. But the Lord thundered with a great voice that day against the Philistines and threw them into confusion, and they were defeated before Israel. The enemy may launch his attack to scare you but get ready to see the deliverance of the Lord in your life and nation as you return to the Lord. The truth is that you don’t know how much time you have left so it is best to return to God with all your heart and see the salvation of the Lord. God is counting on you for His work on earth. He won’t cast His pearls to unfaithful servants. Give all your heart to the King of glory.