Samuel & Mary in Love
August 16, every year Sam and I celebrate our marriage anniversary. This year, as I sat down to ponder on our relationship my heart quickly went to areas where I felt we have failed, where we got it all wrong like really messed up, I also remembered the stuffs we have been through together as couples, events of life both the good and the bad and I noticed that it must have been God all along the way working through each event to better equip us to suit His purpose.
The good news is, we have also succeeded in countless many areas. God has been super faithful to His word that two are better than one. We have experienced the blessing of two becoming one. God has done for us what none of us could have achieved by our own selves. We have seen what God meant by one chasing a thousand and two chasing ten thousands. It has been a journey of grace and growth, indeed!
This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him. After the wedding he went to Capernaum for a few days with his mother, his brothers, and his disciples. [John 2:11-12, (NLT)]
The Wedding Invitation
Usually, after you and your beloved have agree to marry and get wedded, you both begin to prepare for your wedding ceremony. Many times, proposed couples leave Jesus out of their invitation list. Thank God Jesus was invited to the wedding of Cana in Galilee. The story could have had another end to it. All thanks to Jesus for honoring their invitation. Jesus wants you to invite Him daily into your home and relationship with your spouse, He will gladly honor it. He wants to be the head of it. Let Jesus be the number one on your invitation list, and make sure to do all things about your wedding to please the Lord.
The Fourth Man in Marriage
Adam did not have any problems dealing with the devil until after his wedding. Little did he know that the enemy had been there all along, seeking an audience with the married couples as they enjoyed their honeymoon. God the Father, man, woman and the enemy are all present in your marriage, but you determine who rules by what you do and how you do them. Yes, for some couples the fight starts at the wedding reception and for most during the honeymoon as you begin to unveil each other.
Winning The Fight Against Your Spouse
There are only two institutions that God put His approval on – the church and marriage, but right now I’m seeing them both as one. By virtue of the events happening to our world today, the church has come home to the family level. This the enemy knows, therefore, he fights against your marriage. The wife begins to see the husband as the enemy and the wife also sees the husband as the enemy that must be defeated. The true enemy is not your spouse, it is the devil. He sows disunity and distrust in your marriage. The sooner you know this the better for you both because together, you will defeat the ancient enemy and win the victory as one.
Romance in Marriage
The feeling and excitement you want to feel with your spouse doesn’t just happen and it cannot be left to chance. You have to work together to make this happen for you two. Whether you want it or not, the excitement will drain at the business and responsibility attached to your lives. I listened to a lady share how she and her husband have deliberately put themselves on their schedule once a week when they get to fellowship together away from everything else apart from the time they both share together doing the groceries, cleaning or making dinner. It is super important to keep up romance in your marriage.
Romance is an important ingredient for a beautiful marriage
The issue of romance can be a threat to the life of your marriage since this is the primary essence of your coming together as husband and wife. When romance is lacking, it opens the door to the enemy, notice that Eve was alone when the enemy came to her. Issues that could have been easily overlooked may aggravate in the absence of wine. Romance is not magical. It is only magical and driven by infatuations in the Holly woods. In real life, you have to work at making it successful.
The Kingdom Couples
The cold war going on right now is aimed against the family, its desire is to choke life out of the family. Sometimes, we embrace a little bit of the world and the rest of the Word. No, God won’t take that. The customs, traditions and patterns of the world are contrary to the kingdom mandate where we operate as citizens in God’s kingdom. Couples are working together with God to establish the truth of God’s word to our everyday situation first, in our homes and families. Recognizing that when you live by the truth of God’s word, you authenticate the rule of the King over yourself and all yours, this act brings you into authority as a citizen in God’s kingdom. Then we say the kingdom of God is here. Little wonder many believers are weak and fainting. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses 1Timothy 6:12 (KJV).The society we live in does not dictate how we live, our choices, opinions or what we do. This is how you fight the good fight of faith in your marriage. Hallelujah!!!
Identify The Killers of Romance in Marriage and Uproot Them
Financial stress is the leading killer of romance in many families. This tears couples apart most of the time, leaving the two seeking the means of livelihood to keep paying the bills. The two work out and come back home tired and worn out. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content Philippians 4:11(KJV). You need to learn to live within your means, so that you can enjoy life with your spouse and withdraw from servicing unnecessary bills. Keep the expenses low. Romance in marriage can be likened to wine – the life of the grapes. Other factors draining away the wine includes: Parenting, Ministry/Work/Job, health issues. All of these takes up space, time, energy and robs you of time with the most important person in your life.
Fixing Your Marriage
Nobody can fix your marriage for you, parents, pastors, friends and family alike, they can contribute to the success or failure though. Whatever ultimately becomes of your marriage is dependent on your choice. It is much easier to access Jesus if He had been on the boat, when the storm arises because storms will come. Call on Jesus today and you will be saved and all yours. Jesus brings the dead to life, He turned water to wine at the wedding of Cana, He gives hope to the destitute, He turns things around. Only trust Him like the servants who served the water that turned to wine to the special guest of honor, when they hold the history of the wine to be water. It doesn’t matter what your experience has been in marriage, Jesus can work that to produce wine.
Confession: Prayer For Marriage Anniversary
- Father God, thank you for the institution of marriage.
- Thank you for the purpose in Your heart when you created family.
- Thank you for the change you have brought to our world through marriage everywhere across the globe. I love it.
- I pray for wives, that they would have the courage to submit to their husbands as to the Lord according to Your will.
- Father, I pray on behalf of husbands everywhere in the nations that they might honor their wives and live in understanding with them always.
- I pray that husbands will take the place of spiritual authority as the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church.
- Father God, Teach husbands what it means to love their wives, just as Christ loved the church in a way that brings You honor.
- Help husbands to give it all for their wives, withholding nothing back according to how Jesus gave up his life for the church. LORD, equip husbands with a heart of Christ, thus, sharing the heart of the Father.
- Father God, just as You long for a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish, we desire the same picture for families; pure and holy and without fault. Teach couples what it means to nourish and cherish each other in a way that mirrors the Trinity.
- Remind us, O Lord, that we are a part of your glorious body and in honoring each other we are honoring You.
- Remind us, that in marriage supernatural work occurred causing us to be one flesh, may we be selfless in our relationship with each other, pursuing only the good of the other. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.
- Father God, fill our homes and families with love and respect for each other so that we can bring You joy and bring You glory.
- Reveal Yourself in Marriages and families, that we might manifest the unity You long for in the church. (Ephesians 5:23-33 NLT).
- Father God, let Your kingdom come in marriages and families, let your truth prevail and your will be done.
- I decree stability over marriages that are failing.
- I decree joy, peace, grace, glory, blessings, miracles, restoration, hope, patience, help, love, protection, fruitfulness, abundance, divine impact, and provision over marriages and families in Jesus name.