God has put His Spirit in your heart to show that you belong to Him. To help you ascend to the heights He desires for you in God. It is important to know the advantages of having the Holy Spirit living in you. Scriptures say, don’t be drunk with wine, which will ruin your life, but be filled with the Spirit. Wine is a controller, it takes charge of a person. The Holy Spirit is comparable to consuming wine. There is always room to have more of the Holy Spirit. As you become yielded to Him, He takes the wheel of your life and controls it to fulfill the will of the Father for your life. He has the Father’s blueprint for your life right in His hands and He knows how to make things fulfill every jot of God’s word about you.
How to Receive the Holy Spirit
This is a continuation of the previous article on the Holy Spirit.
- Laying on of hands: The apostles laid their hands on them one by one, and they received the Holy Spirit Acts 8:17. Elders of the church can lay hands on you in agreement with your faith to receive the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is another way to receive the Holy Spirit; at the point when you publicly identify with Jesus’ priceless work of redemption for you Mark 1:10.
- There is always room in you to get filled with the Holy Spirit. He continues to fill you until you get to heaven. Fasting reveals your hunger for the Holy Spirit. It humbles the human flesh and gives access to the Holy Spirit to draw near and fill you afresh. He loves the humble and lowly in his heart and His desire is for you.
What are the Benefits of the Holy Spirit
- He gives power, efficiency, and might to start and complete your assignment here on earth and be a bold witness of the gospel of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit leads and guides us in every situation, He wants us to trust His leadership Matthew 4:1.
- He inspires children of God to speak the counsel of God boldly as we open our mouths to speak.
- Your fame will spread when you are filled with Holy Spirit. He shines through you, your work, business, and ministry, and makes it outstanding as you follow His direction on every detail. Jesus was famous and so was Daniel.
- Increase and multiplication is your experience when you yield to the Holy Spirit.
- For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour and moment what you ought to say Luke 12:12.
- God’s love is poured into your heart through the Holy Spirit Who lives in you Romans 5:5.
- He fills your spirit, soul, and body with peace and abundant life both now and in eternity.
- But if anyone does not possess the Holy Spirit of Christ, he or she is none of His and does not belong to Christ, that person is not truly a child of God Romans 8:9.
- He stirs the heart of your hearers and persuades them on your behalf 1 Cor. 2:4.
- You will certainly not gratify the cravings of human nature with the help Holy Spirit Gal. 5:16.
- The Holy Spirit operates different spiritual gifts through each person for ministry as He wills: the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith by the same Spirit, gifts of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, different kinds of tongues, and the interpretation of tongues.
- The Holy Spirit helps us to pray effectively Romans 8:26.
- Fruitfulness: you will bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and faithfulness.
- You have direct access to God the Father through the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit does the work of sanctification in you until you come to full maturity in Christ.
The Holy Spirit does a mighty work in us and it is important to keep your fellowship with the Holy Spirit. You are endued with power and boldness by the Holy Spirit to go and fulfill your destiny in God. To make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. This call is for every child of God, you don’t have to be an ordained minister or preacher to make disciples if you also have been through discipleship.
Dear Holy Spirit, come afresh into my life, come and do Your work in me. I need you more than ever before, come now Spirit of God, and make your home in me. Joel 2:28 says You will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; this promise is for me and my household. Therefore, Father God pour your Spirit upon me and my household. Breathe on us dear Lord, that rivers of living waters may flow out of my belly. I submit myself to God and His Spirit to take charge of me.