Welcome to Day 5 of the 40-Day of return. Walking with God requires allowing God to take over your mind, thinking and responses to everyday issues of life.
Permit me to be straight forward with you, if you are going to walk with God you must be ready to constantly renew your mind and stand against every thought and imagination that is against the word of God which the devil will surely bring up for you to think about. The good news is you always have a choice as to whether or not to entertain Satan’s suggested thoughts.
The scripture says in Romans 12:1-2: And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
You are no Longer the Owner
First, it becomes easier to think the thoughts of God and not entertain devil’s suggested thoughts when you understand that the day you gave your life to Christ, you cease to be owners of your own body and mind. And because God now owns your body and mind, you cannot afford to entertain Satan’s thoughts in your mind anymore. We understand that you don’t have control with respect to Satan making suggestions of thoughts to you, but you surely have control as to whether or not to entertain his thoughts. And by the grace of God you will not entertain his thought in your life in Jesus name.
Your Thought is Your Worship
Second, your focus must be to please God in your thought life. Let your realm of thought become a living sacrifice to God, let it become an avenue of worship to God. When your thought pleases God, it becomes an acceptable aroma and worship to God.
Choose Who Controls Your Mind
Third, don’t let the world wire or configure your mind after its own culture. If you allow the world’s ideas and culture to take root in your mind it will show up in your own behavior and character and your life will no longer be a pleasing aroma to God who has called you out of the fallen world. There is a tendency for you to have a little of God and a little of the world, and that is a disaster ready to happen. Get rid of the world completely before it rips you off.
Get Ready for Your Transformation
Finally, let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Yield yourself completely to God and desire His transformation in your life. The way God transforms us is by changing what we think about and how we think. If I may ask you, what do you think about the most? How do you think? God wants you to make His word your thought. He wants you to think like Him without entertaining any impossibilities and making love the center and motive behind everything you think about and act upon. Remember that your thoughts will surely become your action.
Let Us Pray:
- Father, I thank you for sending this precious word to me today.
- I thank You for Your unfailing love towards me.
- Thank You for putting so much value on my soul.
- Today I embrace Your word in my mind in the Name of Jesus.
- I fill my mind with Your Word of truth.
- I rebuke and say NO to every satanic lies and thoughts in the Name of Jesus.
- I uproot every satanic lies that have taken root in my mind in the Name of Jesus.
- Open my eyes to every custom of this world that I have ignorantly embraced and help me to do away with them all in the Name of Jesus.
- I receive grace to think like God the Father.
- I receive grace to think like Jesus Christ.
- I receive grace to think like the Holy Spirit.
- I activate the mind of Christ within me in the Name of Jesus.
- My thoughts become a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
- My thoughts become a scent of worship to God.
- God inhabits and dwells in my thought in the Name of Jesus.
- The love of God becomes the center of my thought in the Name of Jesus.
- The love of God becomes the motive behind my thoughts and actions in the Name of Jesus.
- No impossibility thinking is permitted in my mind any longer in the Name of Jesus.
- I take authority over my mind and my thoughts in the Name of Jesus.
- I take authority over the battlefield of my mind and I continually win and reign in life with Christ in the Name of Jesus. Amen