God’s Love is The Greatest Force
God’s love is unconditional . It outweighs the natural love we know. It is knowing all your faults and shortcomings, yet still chooses you. God’s love is not what exists in human relationships, human love is selfish. The mother-child love which is rated as the strongest kind of human love is still at best selfish because it’s limited by personal interest and gains. God’s love is the greatest force on earth. It is able to pull you out of the mouth of lions, pull a man heading for destruction into the sweet loving arms of God. God does not have love, He is love.
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this, the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. [1John 4:8-10]
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. [1John 4:16]
Undeserving Love For Others
You are loved with an everlasting love. Nothing you have done can make God love you less or withdraw His love from you. He desires to have children of love. To fill the earth with the love of God. That your heart will be filled with divine love for friends and foe alike. Never letting the ills you hear about others dictate what you do or how you respond to certain them. Stop creating enemies for yourself. Rather let the love of God flow from your heart to people around you.
Let Love Flow Through You
When I was in grad school and needed a place to stay. I was allocated to a room occupied by two ladies. One of them was a believer while the other was not. When I eventually moved in, the unbelieving one would make so much noise that it would be difficult to concentrate. Sometimes they would lock me out of the room. But one day, she told me that I was different. She openly confessed that it was planned to frustrate me. Because she knew I was a believer. In her words, she said, ‘I don’t like the born again people’. I couldn’t treat her the way she did to me. Because of Christ in me.
The ABC of Receiving God’s Love
God is an embodiment of love and receiving his love can be as easy as ABC. Yes, God has made it so easy for you and me to experience His love, and we don’t have to make it difficult. Let’s take the steps.
Accept That God Loves You as You Are!
The first step to receiving God’s love is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. The love of God is demonstrated to us in Jesus Christ. Saying yes to Jesus in your life on a daily basis. Take the love of God for you and respond back to him by giving your heart to Jesus for him to come and live right there. Open the door of your heart to Jesus and let Him come into your life. Nobody on earth or in heaven can do this for you, it’s personal. Welcome Jesus into your life by saying these prayers in faith: Jesus, come into my heart, forgive me of all my sins, wash me and make me clean, give me your Holy Spirit and come be my Lord and master. Amen. It is that simple, my dear. Congratulations!
For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. [John 3:16, NLT]
Believe! How Do I Believe?
The second step to receiving God’s love is believing all that Jesus came to the world to do for all humanity. Take the completed work of Christ personal for yourself and trust it as authentic. Jesus came to the world to find and save you from destruction. The fate of all human race had been predetermined by the choice of Adam and Eve to believe the devil’s lie at the beginning. So death awaits everyone except anyone who believes in the love of God demonstrated through the gospel of Jesus Christ. To believe God is to act in the understanding of what the Bible says about Jesus. Believing is of the heart, knowing that you are loved. This comes by hearing God’s word and creating time to read and study God’s word. Surround yourself with faith-lifting friends, books, and messages. It takes faith to access grace, which is the Love of God made manifest.
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. [Romans 10:10, NLT]
Confess! Speak Out the Love of God For You
Make a conscious effort to speak out and about God’s love for you. Personalize verses of the Bible that talk about God’s love. For instance, John 3:16 (NLT) says: For this is how God loved me: He gave his one and only Son, so that I who believe in him will not perish but have eternal life. I am loved! Get a notepad where you write your confession and keep saying it until it becomes part of you.
Finally, God is sold out in love with you. It is your responsibility to accept, believe, confess, and act in the light of this truth and make it your own reality. You are loved, just the way you are.
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [Romans 10:9, NLT]
Demonstrating God’s Love
Events surrounding your life may not encourage love to flow from your natural being. Especially when you are aware that someone you know so well is publishing lies about you and spreading it everywhere. How do you love such a person? Or when your mother in law is often on your back against you? Whatever situation you may have. Let love flow from your heart. Don’t act from your feelings or head. Let your heart rule. The Holy Spirit sheds the love of God in your heart. If your heart belongs to Jesus, then it is flooded with love. Hatred is not in you!
Confession: Prayer to Receive God’s Love
- Father God, I thank you for your unconditional love.
- Your love is so great that you did not withhold your only son for my sake, but gave him up to suffer and die in this wicked world in the hands of humans.
- Thank you Father for delivering Jesus up to die a shameful death on the cross as a sacrifice that I might be reconciled to You.
- LORD, Your love is the strongest force that ever existed in the world (Romans 8:32).
- I praise You that nothing will be able to separate me from Your unlimited love, which is in Christ Jesus my Lord (Romans 8:39).
- I know how dearly God loves me because he has given me the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with God’s kind of love. Hallelujah!!!
- I declare that I am loved with an everlasting love. I need to do nothing to be loved or remain loved by God. I receive the love of God. Amen.
- I receive grace to endure long and be patient and kind to everyone; to love and never be envious or boil over with jealousy, I refuse to be boastful.
- Dear Holy Spirit, teach me the humility of Christ. I choose to be respectful of others. To honor every relationship in my life as an opportunity to demonstrate the love of God.
- Remind me not to act unbecomingly towards people. To demonstrate God’s love in me. Help me LORD as I daily crucify the flesh. Never to insist on my own rights or in my own way.
- LORD, remind me not to be self-seeking.
- Remind me not to be touchy or resentful. Remind me to be forgiving and not to take account of the evil done to me.
- I will not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness but will rejoice when right and truth prevail.
- I receive grace to bear up under anything and everything that comes my way, Make me ever ready to believe the best of every person. To remain hopeful and fadeless under all circumstances, but to endures everything without weakening (1Cor. 13:4-7 AMP)