Desire To Have A Baby
Babies are so precious. Having to wait to have a baby can really be trying. Generally, waiting can be a hard thing to do. Nobody likes to wait. We, humans, love to get what we want immediately. Life has taught me that sometimes we get on the waiting list for something special. It could be for a spouse, job, enrollment, admission, provision, and so on. Waiting to have your own baby is worth the time. Keep believing God.
Could I be Possibly Barren?
Genesis 1:27-28(KJV): So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
God’s plan for you is to reproduce after your own kind. To fill the earth with children after His heart. To have babies and raise them to become responsible in the kingdom of God. There is no such thing as barren in the LORD’s agenda for His creation. God is fruitful and desires to see you fruitful being made like God. God has already blessed you with babies when He spoke those words. Every work has been completed since the foundation of the earth. You have been blessed with every blessing in Christ Jesus. Every blessing includes having a baby. The question is are you under the authority of Christ? If not invite Jesus into your heart today.
How Come I Don’t Have a Baby If I Am Blessed?
Luke 1:6-7 (NLT) Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous in God’s eyes, careful to obey all of the Lord’s commandments and regulations. They had no children because Elizabeth was unable to conceive, and they were both very old.
What is the Place of Righteousness in Having Babies?
Babies are not born to the righteous alone or based on your CV. You will agree with me that both righteous and unrighteous people have children. God causes rain to fall on both the righteous and unrighteous people alike. People who don’t have children are not less blessed or important before God compared to the folks who have children. You are not less righteous because you don’t have a baby. God loves you as much as He loves all His children. Righteousness in God’s eye is not a gateway to have babies, it rather makes you acceptable before God. It is never a criterion to have babies.
God is Not a Man
Studies have shown that age can contribute to infertility because as a woman ages, her ability to have a baby naturally tends to decrease. The word of God contradicts this. As shown in the case of Elizabeth and Zecharia, Abraham, and Sarah. What we believe is the word, not the world. If Sarah can become pregnant at 90, then it defies scientific studies. For with God nothing shall be impossible (Luke 1:37 KJV). Trust God to have a baby.
Obedience To All Of God’s Commandment
Obedient to God’s word is all that is required from every child of God. To be able to listen to the voice of God and heed to it as the ultimate rule for living. This obedience to God is what puts the seal of the Almighty on you. Even though Zechariah and Elizabeth were careful in all their ways to live in obedience to the Lord, they didn’t have a child until they were old. Considering that Zechariah had been in the service of the Lord as a priest of the Most High God. Still, they had no babies. Stop killing yourself as if it is your obedience or disobedience that makes babies. Stay obedient to God. Your obedience is the evidence of your love for God. It indicates the fear of God in your heart. So, having babies is not tied directly to your obedience.
Why Have I Been Unable To Have A Baby?
Sometimes it may be due to medical issues in the reproductive organs of the man or woman. Which could be addressed in prayers and medicine. I believe that God gave medical science to humans for our benefit. Even though there is provision for our healing in Christ. By His stripes, we were healed, healed from all sicknesses and diseases. When you are diagnosed with an illness, simply appropriate the healing Jesus got for you in faith backed with actions. Act according to your measure of faith in Christ to receive your healing. Healing has been provided for you in Christ. Stand in faith to receive what belongs to you. I speak healing over your reproductive systems in Jesus’ name.
It Could Be Due To Dishonor
Michal, the daughter of Saul and wife of David, remained childless for the rest of her life. Being the only woman that was recorded in the Bible as childless. At a time when being childless was a social stigma and often considered an act of divine judgment. Her failure to produce a child prevented Saul’s line from being continued through David. Michal dishonored her husband. She looked down on David who was leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she felt contempt for him in her heart because she thought him undignified (1 Sam. 6:17-23). She disregarded David being her husband, king, and a worshiper of the Most High God. Instead, she saw a street dancer instead of a worshipper. She allowed pride to creep into her heart maybe because of her social standard and status in society as the queen and as Saul’s daughter. Dishonor has denied many of their heart desires. Check your heart today, let God reveal the hidden matters to you. She didn’t know that she disregarded the God of David in her thoughts. Also in her actions, as she looked at him through the window and her words revealed her heart. We are encouraged to give honor to all men and most of all the one in your life.
God’s Timing is Not Our Timing
God has made everything beautiful and appropriate in its time (Ecc. 3:11). He has already made the time you will conceive and deliver your baby. You may have been waiting for years to have a baby. There is a divine agenda for your life. You will surely have your baby as the LORD lives. A day with the LORD maybe a thousand years before us. He is not bound by our natural timing. In God’s agenda for Zechariah and Elizabeth, He had planned for them to have John the Baptist who was to play a crucial role in the preparation of the ministry of Jesus Christ. So John had to be born around the time when Jesus was to be born. Their destiny was tied to the salvation plan of God for the human race. If John had been born earlier, He wouldn’t have been relevant for the assignment. God has a special plan for your baby in this world. You must have the baby at the appointed time of God to fulfill the purpose.
It Could Be a Test of Faith
Many have lost their salvation on strange altars all in the name of wanting to get a baby from the devil. They couldn’t wait on the Lord to fulfill his promise. Like mother Sarah had to come up with a plan B for her husband to go into Hagar. After waiting for decades for a child of her own, it is understandable that time was not on her side. But there is no excuse for God. Sarah even laughed in unbelief at the promise of God for her to have a baby. Considering her physical state moreover, she was past menopause. She had to keep believing against all odds. She needed to pass the test to be the mother of faith. She conceived, and had a son in her old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to her. What has God spoken to you about having a baby?
The Lord Had Shut Up Her Womb
The Lord opens shut wombs. The Lord may shut up your womb for a set time of conception. Hannah had no babies because the LORD had shut her womb. The Lord had reserved her womb to bear the greatest priest in the history of Israel. A man of God indeed, mighty in word. How amazing is it that Samuel had to be raised under the watch of Eli the priest even when his sons were getting things wrong in the service of the LORD. Samuel stood out for the Lord. To be the successor of Eli in the priestly office instead of his sons, Hophni and Phinehas who dishonored the LORD God(1 Sam. 1:20). God had a plan for Hannah and her baby. He has a plan for you and your baby. Expect your baby to come.
Sometimes It May Be Due To Ignorance
Hosea 4:6 (MSG) says, My people are ruined because they don’t know what’s right or true. Abimelech in his case was ignorant of the truth about Sarah’s marital status. He took her in as his wife. And ever since then his household stopped having children. The women in his household were not responsible for the childlessness they experienced. They were innocent as Abimelech himself. They kept something that did not belong to them. Sarah must have been legally married to the king, so he had some sort of right but not before God. This lasted until God came to Abimelech in a dream and told him, “You are a dead man, for that woman you have taken is already married!”. So, he needed God to reveal the hidden matter to him. So, we need to ask the LORD to show us the truth of every matter.
What Do I Do When Am Not Pregnant And Still Waiting?
- Wipe your tears: Having recognized that it is beyond human power to give a baby.
- Get up to pray: I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours (Mark 11:24 NLT). Praise the LORD God and pray with thanksgiving.
- Take rest in the Lord: Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28 NLT).
- Give yourself to the service of the Lord: Do the ministry committed to you.
- Get engaged in the matter of purpose: Occupy yourself with purpose-driven goals.
- Keep believing: Add action to your believing. Prepare your house to receive a baby. Buy baby stuff that you like. Be expectant.
- Keep confessing faith: Sometimes you may be tempted to worry. Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT).
- Stay in agreement with your spouse under God: Rejoice with those that have babies. Stay around them and be a help. See other children like yours.
- Choose healthy foods for yourself and your household.
- Cultivate a healthy lifestyle: Take time to relax, go on a walk. Listen to soul-lifting music with God’s word as lyrics.
Finally, you may need the ministry of the priest of the Most High God or that of the prophet for divine intervention. Like in the case of Rebekah, Isaac her husband pleaded with the Lord on her behalf, because she was unable to have children. The Lord answered Isaac’s prayer, and Rebekah became pregnant with twins (Gen. 25:21 NLT). The husband is the priest of the family with authority.
The ministry of Elisha Was required in the situation of the woman of shunem. He said to her, “Next year at this time you will be holding a son in your arms! That settled the issue of having a baby for the woman of shunem. So shall it be for you in Jesus’ name.
Confession: Prayers To Have a Baby
- My heart rejoices and triumphs in the Lord; My head is lifted up, sighing and weeping has ended in my life. I rejoice in my savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
- I rejoice in Your salvation Lord (1 Sam. 2:1-3). There is no one holy like the Lord, there is no one besides You, there is no Rock like our God.
- Father God thank You for I am made in Your image, according to Your likeness. Thank You, LORD for my authority in the name of Jesus.
- I have been created in your likeness to be creative and impactful in all things. I have been blessed to be fruitful, to multiply, and to fill the earth in Christ. Therefore, I declare that I am fertile, I conceive and have a lively baby in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 112:2, I decree that my descendants will be mighty on earth; my generation is blessed forever in the name of Jesus.
- LORD remember me and visit me today in Jesus’ name. Make me know the joy of motherhood. Make me laugh; and let all who hear about my good news laugh with me (Gen 21:1,6).
- LORD, let my baby leap in my womb. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and empower me for conception, pregnancy and safe delivery. Blessed is the fruit of my womb! My womb is open and strengthened to bear my baby in Jesus’ name.
- Father God reveal hidden secrets to me about my childless situation. Speak to me about what you will have me do. Guide me and lead me in Your pathway for my life.
- When I feel discouraged and sad, remind me of all Your wonderful deeds in my life. Help me dear Lord to take rest and rejoice in You.
- Father, I receive grace to be able to bear children, irrespective of every medical condition or limitation. I can not be limited, I am the one that the Lord has set free and I shall be free indeed.
- I take my eyes off my spouse for babies. Help me Lord to continually fix my eyes on you for my babies.
- Remind me LORD to teach my children diligently Your truth. As I partner with You to raise godly seeds in the earth. I call forth my children in the name of Jesus.
- I receive angelic visitation in the name of Jesus. I speak to the angel assigned to me from the LORD God to bring me good news about the conception of my baby.
- Thank you, Lord, for You make the waiting mother live in the house as a joyful mother of children. Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! (Psalms 113:9).
- I will be like a fruitful vine within my home in Jesus name. I see my children sitting around me with gladness. (Prov.17:6)
- I call forth my babies in the name of Jesus. I and the children whom the Lord has given me are for signs and wonders that will occur on earth from the Lord of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion (Isaiah 8:18).
- Every hindrance to my having a baby, give way now in Jesus’ name.
- I shout for joy, and break forth into singing and dancing, for my LORD has heard me.