Today’s focus of Ascension is on problem-solving. Troubles will come in different shades in your life and look eyeball to eyeball with you. What you do with your problems determines where your next phase of life. If you run or pretend as though they are not there, you will be living in the shadow of yourself. Problems can become a tool for your ascension depending on your approach to them. Do not entertain fear Jesus came to the world to solve a major problem, which is a top priority in the heart of God. He came to mend the broken bridge between God and people. He succeeded in His approach because he relied solely on the Father throughout His mission here on earth. He completed the work and ascended up on high and is now seated at the right hand of the Father. Philippians 2:9 says, therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name. Jesus won the victory and handed it over to the church which you are. Then, you have the potential to win every battle If you have given your heart to God and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, Jesus is alive in you to solve life problems, and your victory has been predetermined in Christ. Halleluyah!!!
In this world, you will have troubles that tend to weigh you down: financial problems, health challenges, marital failures, family issues, unemployment, and natural disaster. Our God is a master problem solver. He created the entire world from void and emptiness. If you are a child of God, then you are a problem solver. You have all the necessary resources to combat any problem in your life, community, and nation if you choose to act. When Nehemiah heard of the ruins of the walls of Jerusalem, he wept and fasted and prayed. This was a national problem, which meant that he could have chosen to move on with his job at the palace. It wasn’t a direct threat to him but the news troubled Nehemiah and he moved to do something about the problem. Get your notepad and respond to the following prompts as Nehemiah did:
- When he heard the sad news, he responded with prayer. What is your confession about your present predicament? Is it in line with what you want? Nehemiah 1:4. It is important to note that he was sad and he was sorrowful, but in prayers and reflecting on the word you get the true view of the Lord God necessary to confront your troubles
- Nehemiah’s challenge was about the destruction of the walls of Jerusalem. The problem was precise. What is your problem? sometimes you need to do a soul talk with yourself to find out the problem and the cause.
- Have you talked to God about it? Any word from the Lord? The word you receive from the Lord will be the anchor to guide you in your quest for a solution. When the enemy shows his ugly head in form of discouragement, his word will be your security.
- Do your background check: When his boss asked, What do you want? He did not jump at the opportunity to make a request in favor of his nation, instead, he prayed before responding to the king (Nehemiah 2:4-5). It is not every opportunity that presents itself that is yours, let God guide you. Don’t become desperate about your problem, if you do it may compound your issues.
- What are the necessary steps toward the solution? Be ready to review and improve on your strategies in your journey to achieving success.
- Who do you need to talk to? Make a list of those people that you need to connect with for help.
- Are you ready for a change, to give what it takes: more hard work and study?
What to do with your Problems?
Make projects of challenges; this depends on the kinds of problems you have, the most important thing is to not make people your problem. People can really be manipulative, calculating, and wanting to take advantage of you. Their behaviors and responses have nothing to do with you, those traits have built up over time as a strategy for defense and selfish gains. So, it has nothing to do with you. Your real enemy is the devil, whom you must withstand by engaging in scripture-led prayers. And do all that you need to do in the natural to secure your breakthrough. Do not be afraid.
Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments. Please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear my prayers which I pray before You now, day and night, for the church, my nation, community, family, marriage, children, spouse, business, ministry, and I. I confess the sins of the church, my nation, community, family, marriage, children, spouse, business, ministry, and I. Which we have sinned against You. Father, forgive us in ways we have acted very corruptly against You, and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, nor the ordinances that You commanded us in your word Nehemiah 1: 5-7. Father prosper me as I move to solve problems that concern me in relation to your purpose on earth. I am as bold as the lion in Jesus’ name. Amen!