Welcome to Day 8 of the 40-Day of return. It is important to make God your priority in everything, in thought, in words, and decisions. If you will make it to the end in this Christian race you must seek God’s kingdom above everything else in this world.
The question today is, who is your number one?
The truth is God wants to be your number one. He is not interested in second place at all. God is either first or no place in a man’s life. The question today is, who is your number one? The second question is, what do you seek? Is it money, influence, power, good life, health, wealth, fame. As good as all these may appear, God says make me your number one. Whatever occupies your heart the most is what you are apparently seeking after. Examine your heart and make it right. God is jealous for you.
Let God run your life
Seeking God’s kingdom is receiving the truth of God’s word and doing as it says. Making God’s word the authority over your life. Let God help you, He will work everything else for His good purpose as you make Him your priority. The authority you submit to is where your benefits are located. The truth you obey delivers God’s authority in your situation. It is your duty to find every way to bring the kingdom of God into your daily affairs. Let God run your life. This is how you win.
The scriptures say in Matt. 6:33 (NLT): Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
How are you living?
Are you living for the now or for eternity? Does your life portray God’s kingdom? The truth is what you do or doesn’t do actively demonstrate the kingdom to which you belong. If you claim to be of Christ, then act as Christ would do. Believers in Christ were first called Christians by people, not themselves.
Finally, Romans 14:17 says, “For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. There is no lack for them that has made God the number one. God will give you everything you need. Change your pursuit, seek the establishment of God’s kingdom in your life, choice, decisions, way, home, world, work, and community. Win souls for the kingdom the more the lights the greater the shine. Let your light shine before men to see and give glory to God.
Let Us Pray:
- Father God, thank you for bringing your word to me today.
- Have mercy on me LORD in whatever ways I have not put You first my life.
- I owe all that I am to you, Father in Jesus Name.
- LORD, You deserve to be my number one and I confess you as my number one.
- Today I put the kingdom of God above every desire of my heart.
- I submit to the word of truth and allow it to rule my life in Jesus’ Name.
- I live righteously every day in Jesus Name.
- I submit myself to the authority of Christ in Jesus’ Name.
- I cease to pursue the food that perishes and drinks of this world that waste away in Jesus Name.
- I have a new perspective on life according to the word of God in the Name of Jesus.
- Father God let my life be filled with testimonies of being Christlike in the Name of Jesus.
- I declare that I am a seeker of God in the Name Jesus.
- I refuse to seek what the gentiles seek in the Name of Jesus.
- Thank You, Father, for every one of my needs are met as I seek Your kingdom in the Name of Jesus.
- Father God let Your kingdom come and let your will be done in my life, in my family, in the church, in the earth in Jesus Name.
- I receive righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
- Thank You for making me a son in Your kingdom.
- Thank You for giving up your only son Jesus for me.