It is the second day of the 40-Day Journey of Returning to the Lord. Yesterday, we focused on taking the first step, by settling and reconnecting with God. We will build on that experience today.
It was a good decision you made yesterday to repent and turn to God. You see turning to God is not enough, you must also make sure to turn away completely from all evil, without any reservation. You should never try to keep God and the devil, it will never work. You must get rid of all evil completely and stick to God.
There are three reasons why you need to make this decision towards having a successful walk with God.
All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil
First, all who belong to the Lord must do so – turn completely from evil. Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:19 that God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.” As you can see from that Bible passage, it is impossible to walk with God without first turning away from evil. That passage says, “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil”. That scripture was not written to unbelievers, but to disciples of Jesus like you.
Purity is needed in God’s Vessels
Second, it takes and requires being pure to be a vessel God can use. Again Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:20-21 that ‘In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.’
Take note of those words, “If you keep yourself pure…” That is a condition God will not bend for anyone. You know why? God has made more than enough provisions for us in Christ Jesus to help us live a pure life. He has given us the Blood of His Son Jesus. He has given us his Word, His Holy Spirit, our own conscience, and other believers to check us up and help us live a holy and pure life. So we have no excuse to stay in evil.
God’s Vessel must Always be Ready for Him
Third, God needs a vessel that is always ready for use. He needs someone He can call upon at any time and will be ready, not someone whose life is full of worldliness; falling and rising. That passage in 2 Timothy 2:21 says, ‘Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.’ If you want to be ready for the Master to use you for every good work, your life must be clean. If you want your life to be clean, you must turn away from every evil and anything that appears evil. Stay clean and keep yourself in the Love of God.
Remember that it is a 40-Day Journey of returning to the Lord, and today, being the second day in the journey is just as important as any other day in this journey.
I believe we should pray now about what the Holy Spirit has raised with you today.
Prayers: Let’s Talk to God
- Father, I thank you for what you started in my life yesterday.
- I appreciate you for the opportunity to return to you and reconnect my soul to her lover.
- Thank you for what you have raised with me again today
- I am so grateful for loving me and caring for my soul this much.
- I thank you, Father, for all the provisions you have made for my salvation through Christ Jesus.
- I thank you, Father, for all the provisions you have made to keep me holy and pure.
- Thank you for giving me the Blood of Jesus, the Scriptures, and the Holy Spirit to help me.
- Thank you for giving me my Conscience and other disciples of Jesus around me to watch over my soul.
- I appreciate you, Father, for your love and wisdom for keeping me in your righteousness.
- Today, I release myself to you completely, without any reservation in the Name of Jesus.
- I belong to the Lord and so I renounce and turn away from all evil in the Name of Jesus.
- I leave no room for any evil in my life in the Name of Jesus.
- I keep myself far from every appearance of evil in the Name of Jesus.
- I am a gold vessel, a precious treasure in the hand of my Father in the Name of Jesus.
- I have been purchased by the Blood of Jesus at a very high cost, therefore I am an expensive utensil, reserved only for God’s use in the Name of Jesus.
- I keep myself pure and I am reserved for honorable use in the Name of Jesus.
- My life, talent, time, and money belong to the Lord and are completely reserved for the Lord’s use in Jesus Name.
- I receive the Help of the Holy Spirit to stay clean in the Name of Jesus
- I receive Grace daily to be a vessel ready for my Master’s use for every good work in Jesus Name.
- I remain, by the Grace of God, in the Love of God and continue to be kept from all satanic attacks in Jesus Name.
Thank you, Jesus! Shalom!
In case you missed it, Here is the link to Day 1: Take the First Step, Settle with God