The King of kings has set a place for young men and women who are without blemish, but good-looking in His service. People who are youthful, those who rely on the strength that comes from God to thrive in every season of life. God is assembling all the able young men and women in His army, are you ready? To qualify to serve in the Kingdom business you must be young and without blemish. These are people with strength and vision for life. Men like Joshua whose power did not dwindle with age, whose faith in the Lord was as steadfast as ever before, not regarding his physical frame but focusing on the promises of God. People who are ready to bring all things under the authority of Christ.
Daniel 1:3-4 Then the king instructed Ashpenaz, the master of his eunuchs, to bring some of the children of Israel and some of the king’s descendants and some of the nobles, young men in whom there was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had the ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans.
Now that you are Young
The beauty of young men is their strength and the last time I checked there is no beauty in sickness or any disease. The body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, and He desires that you keep your body strong. If Jesus gave up His body as a sacrifice, for the redemption of our souls. Jesus has to decrease Himself to the form of a human being to achieve God’s purpose for His life. Now, there is a purpose for you, that which you cannot fulfill without your body. It means that your body is relevant to the agenda of God for you. Take your stand in the word against arrows of darkness in Psalms 91 because the enemy will not stop at any length to render you physically useless to the King’s service. You must make up your mind to do everything humanely possible to keep your body active and alive.
How to Stay Healthy and Young?
The following are practices that support your total well-being:
- Meditate on scriptures and try to recall them and pray about them daily.
- Keep reading different categories of literature, science, arts, and history.
- Cultivate the habit of singing songs to the Lord in your heart to keep your joy tank full.
- Regular fasting exercise.
- Drinking lots of water at intervals.
- Go on regular walks, and moderate physical exercise; it is interesting to find Christiana Ronaldo still active and playing soccer at age 37 in the ongoing FIFA world cup. He has kept his body healthy and in shape to function in his chosen profession. You need to keep your body working in good condition to function here for the King of kings.
- Drink adequate fluid(water) about 15.5 cups for men and 11.5 cups for women.
- Base your meals on higher fiber carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables, and eat less salt, sugar, and saturated fat.
- Regular personal hygiene: wear clean clothes and underwear, research your skin type and find what care product works well for you, live in a clean environment, and keep a good smell around you.
- Sleep well: according to research the average hours of sleep required for an adult (18-60 years) is 7-8 hours daily.
Ecclesiastes 12:1 says, remember earnestly also your Creator [that you are not your own, but His property now in the days of your youth, before the evil days come or the years draw near when you will say of physical pleasures, I have no enjoyment in them.
Care for your body with the understanding that it is not your own, but it belongs to the creator of Himself. View it as a resource for you to excel here, to bring light into every life. Present it to God as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. It must be holy and pleasing before God.
Father, forgive me in ways that I have been careless with my body, wash me clean by the blood of Jesus. Today, I rebuke every stranger in my body, and I welcome the Holy Ghost to come and live in my body. I take responsibility for my body to care for and keep it strong in Jesus’ name. I offer my body to God as a living sacrifice in Jesus’ name.