Today’s message of ascension is centered on wisdom, one of the attributes of Daniel. Wisdom is regarded as the principal thing, the first asset to get. Notice that when scriptures say a person is filled with the Spirit of God; it is often followed by wisdom, understanding, stature, ability, and knowledge. When the Spirit of God is present in a man, wisdom is not far-fetched. With which spirit are you filled? The opposite of wisdom is foolish, to be ignorant, stupid and you will agree that these categories of people are dangerous. Wisdom is a Spirit, and our Lord Jesus Christ has been made the wisdom of God to us. People can know wisdom because it is visible, lovely, and audible; wisdom cries aloud in the street- Proverbs 1:20.
And the Babylonian king told Ashpenaz, the master of his eunuchs, to bring in some of the children of Israel, both of the royal family and of the nobility. Youths without blemish, well-favored in appearance and skillful in all wisdom, discernment, and understanding, apt in learning knowledge, competent to stand and serve in the king’s palace and to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans. Daniel 1:3-4
How to Excel in Life?
Daniel was filled with skillful wisdom- the demonstration of power in his daily work and everything that he did. There was no business as usual with Daniel, it was always a new experience, a fresh touch of heaven with every contact with Daniel and we can also say that of Jesus’ ministry on earth.
Seek wisdom daily like the treasure that it is, remember that whosoever seeks shall find. So, if you seek wisdom starting now, without a doubt in your heart you will find it. There are different levels of wisdom under God, no man has it all. There is always more to add to what you have with God if you will humble yourself under His mighty power. If Jesus had to keep growing in wisdom, then you don’t need it less than He did now. Wisdom is required for daily life, so you need to get wisdom on a daily basis to function in every capacity you occupy. Notice that every person that ever moved in the power of God needed the wisdom to fulfill the call and last in it.
How to Get Wisdom?
The wisdom of God is given. If you need wisdom go to the One who owns it all, the creator Himself.
- Repent: If you will turn your heart to God in repentance and heed the voice of the Lord. You will be filled with wisdom.
- Ask God: If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God Who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him James 1:5.
- Listen attentively to wise people: Be careful of those you flock with. Because wisdom is a spirit, it can be imparted. It can enter your heart as you spend time listening to wisdom from other people’s mouths.
- The word of God: wisdom is drawn from studying and meditating on scriptures.
- Service: Go to work, and serve people with your ability, as you do so God releases more grace, and with grace comes wisdom. And behold, I have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and to all who are wise hearted, I have given wisdom and ability to make all that I have commanded you Exodus 31:6.
- With experience comes wisdom: Your experience in service to God and humanity builds up a well of wisdom in your belly for other people to drink.
- Walk in righteousness: God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to those who please him, but to sinners, he gives the task of gathering and amassing wealth that is to be given to someone who pleases him. Ecc. 2:26.
Benefits of Wisdom
- Blessed is the man who finds wisdom.
- With wisdom comes promotion.
- Wisdom justifies a person in all their ways.
- Sought-after: And all the earth sought the presence of Solomon to hear his wisdom which God had put in his mind 1 Kings 10:24.
Father God, You hold the depths of riches, and wisdom and knowledge are stored up and lay hidden. Father, fill me with the Spirit of wisdom. Reveal every foolish way in me and guide me in the path of wisdom.